Agile Lean Product Development 101
Course Description: Rooted in the iconic Toyota Production system, this 1-day course will provide attendees with the fundamentals of lean product development.
Hands-on learning around the methodology and processes that will decrease time-to-market, reduce waste, streamline product development processes, enhance quality, and fully integrate new product designs into a Lean production environment.
Purpose: Learn the basics of Lean process
Attendees: Software Developers, Web Developers, Technical Managers, System Administrators, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Test Q/A Leaders, Product Managers, Executives
Skill Level: Introduction
Learning Style: Workshop
Principles of Lean
- will be acutely aware of the original lean Toyota Production System principles and how they apply today to modern product development.
- will have completed simulations that solidify the modern lean principles.
- Waste - will be aware of how the traditional 7 manufacturing wastes are manifested in modern product development
- Value streams - will be aware of what a value stream is, how it is created, and what actions should be drawn from proper value stream visualizations.
- will understand the value of continuous improvements and how these ceremonies are typically conducted in the lean organization
- will have actively participated in a continuous improvement event for this course
- Standards for Long Term Success - will learn what common metrics are used in measuring a lean organization, how to create these metrics and how to take action from them.
- Emerging Practices - will learn about the emerging practices such as Lean Startup, Lean Canvas, LeanUX and Lean Change Management.
Learning Methods: Lecture, Discussion, Group Activities, Simulation/Games. These methods will be used to provide tactical learning for the attendees and to validate some of theories presented in the session.
- Date: Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Class time is 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Location: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, 326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Instructor: Joe Malak, DBA, MBA, MSME
Corporate Faculty, Project Management Program, Harrisburg University
Register at: https://professionaled.harrisburgu.edu/professional-development-courses-trainings-2/