DRAW it OUT!
the curious art of visual
communication + facilitation,
a 2 day learning experience
Curiosity is a great place to start when you're looking to include visuals in your work! This training gives you space to play with your serious work. It allows you to see in ways that just might help your thinking explode out of its normal thinking box. It's okay to admit it. We all have our own default way of thinking and as scary as it can be when that thinking expands a bit, it can also be incredibly liberating. Imagine that!
Beginners and intermediates will practice elements of communication and design, graphic recording and visual facilitation in our experiential learning process. Whether you work in a corporate, non-profit, academic or community environment, you will find these skills applicable. No prior drawing experience necessary.
Essentially, we're going to practice using visuals to solve problems and bring people together
Something remarkable happens when we spend time learning hands-on with folks from other industries - when we cross-pollinate ideas and experiment with visual techniques to make them directly applicable to the big picture as well as how you do your part. You'll engage differently and the visual will help you see blind spots you may not usually see. Whether you spend much of your time in a corner office, a conference room, a classroom or on the streets organizing, you'll build and expand your own visual language in a way that fits your working style.
Here’s what you can expect to get from the training:
* Reflect upon your current communication strategies
* Create visual intentions for your work throughout the training and beyond
* Experience graphic recording and graphic facilitation in action, recognizing their differences
* Learn concrete drawing techniques to build your visual library
* Participate in visual exercises that you can later apply in your own way
* Practice listening & filtering conversations to pick out the content for recording
* Begin to practice graphic recording in real-time
* Reflection time to help process your learning
* Plan your individual visual project or strategy going forward
* Learn ways to use a variety of visual tools and techniques in facilitation
* Receive feedback about your graphic recording/visual strategies
* Learn logistical tips and tricks for setting up your space for graphic recording/using visual strategies
It can be incredibly liberating to allow yourself to be creative!
Maybe you're looking to capture the essence of a conversation in real-time. Or you want to use drawing to clarify complexities within a system. Or you are upset with words and want to have a new kind of love affair. Hello, my new drawn world! Whatever your reason, jump in!