Yearly Membership only $25!
L&D PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA
We don’t teach content; we teach people. That’s why it’s time to start focusing on context. People are drowning in all of the free content that is available since the Internet arrived in 1995. It’s time for an update: Make Training A Want To (Not A Have To) gives you the insight and tools to reverse engineer the ultimate training in order to facilitate learning experiences that create measurable results with your people and compelling reasons to apply the learning. This changes everything.
Today’s training has to be energizing, interactive, fun, and full of valuable content, too! But too many trainers still stand behind a podium—a 20th century practice. It’s time for an update: this experience gives you the insight and tools to help design trainings that create lasting impact with your learners. Content is the loser here; because it’s NOT about “what” people learn. This is about becoming a context expert. Discover training practices that go against standard practice.
You'll walk away with critical and practical strategies to change the learning dynamic:
· Engage learners with our unique and highly-researched Learn-Say-Do-Reflect Model to increase engagement, retention, and fun.
· Improve your training atmosphere, increase retention to 90%, and create a consistent system for all trainers and facilitators to do the same.
· Be a part of the art and science to make training fun again.
· Learn how to become a strategic partner and performance consultant for your organization, not just a trainer.
If you are tired or bored with ineffective training formats, attend this session to transform any training session into an easy-to-apply and unforgettable experience, which will make you look like a hero!
Joe Urbanski is the COO with the Total Solutions Group (TSG), a global strategic consulting, training, and coaching firm committed to driving a transformative impact to what’s Really Most Important™ to an organization’s value proposition and results. For nearly two decades, Joe has honed his electrifying facilitation style performing for as many as 2,400 participants during full-day trainings, three-day retreats, and multi-year leadership development programs. He has delivered more than 520 onsite and online workshops for 390,000+ participants including executive leaders, corporate trainers, and everyone in between. Joe is honored to be ranked among the top 10% of speakers in the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Association for Talent Development (ATD, formerly ASTD), as well as Training Conference.
Joe’s genius and passion for providing high-energy, interactive, engaging, and fun experiences within personal and organizational development is at the core of his appeal, while his entertaining style and simple approach make him a favorite at events across the country. Off the road, Joe invests his time with his wife and two kids in their beautiful home in South Jersey.
What do butterflies, hummingbirds and black swans have to do with learning technology? Come to our webinar with Margie Meacham and find out! In Margie’s fast-paced, informative webinar, you will:
• Envision a future of learning that is assisted and enhanced using “smart” machines, brain-to- computer interfaces, and advanced digital personal assistants.
• Identify how these technological advances will change the way people work, communicate, and learn.
• Identify at least three actions you can take now to be ready for the next disruption in learning technology.
Author and learning consultant Margie Meacham first became interested in helping people learn when she was a little girl struggling with undiagnosed dyslexia. Today, she teaches instructional designers, trainers, speakers and leaders how to create training that is compelling, memorable and immediately useful by applying the latest discoveries from the converging fields of learning science. The author of “Brain Matters: How to help anyone learn anything using neuroscience” is the Chief Freedom Officer of Learningtogo and teaches the ATD online course, Essentials of Brain-Based Learning. You can learn more about Margie on her website at www.learningtogo.info.
Margie's website: www.learningtogo.info
Learningtogo Podcast: https://learningtogo.info/category/podcasts/
Follow Margie on Twitter: @margiemeacham
Since 1992, Mark Steiner has designed and developed custom eLearning and interactive media programs for a variety of clients. He holds a BS in Industrial Technology and an MS in Industrial Training. His project roles have varied from group director to project manager, and lead instructional designer to lead programmer. He is intimately familiar with proven eLearning methodologies. Since 2001, Mark has been president of his eLearning consulting firm, mark steiner, inc. (www.marksteinerinc.com). He has instructed graduate-level courses on designing and developing eLearning projects, is an alpha and beta tester on many eLearning development software programs, and enjoys speaking at a variety of training and online learning conferences in the U.S. and Europe.
In this highly interactive workshop, you will have an opportunity to learn about and experience today’s leading Virtual Reality (Oculus Riff and HTC Vive), Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality (Microsoft HoloLens) technologies. We’ll discuss the pros and cons of each, as well as potential use-cases that can achieve real business results.
Using a real-life case study, we will break down the process of designing for virtual reality, from analysis through implementation. We’ll cover:
· How to identify if VR is the right learning solution
· Instructional design strategies for virtual environments
· Storyboarding for VR
· UI/UX design and how to create an inspiring experience
William Garner, President and Chief Creative Officer of Tipping Point Media
William Garner is an award-winning creative strategist, technical innovator, motivating tactician, and collaborator. He is the founder, President, and Chief Creative Officer of Tipping Point Media, and leads a team of modern Renaissance digital artists, web engineers, medical writers, 3D/VR simulation developers, gamification designers, and revolutionary educators.
Jessica Angove, Senior Instructional Designer
Jessica Angove is a Senior Instructional Designer and eLearning Developer at Tipping Point Media. Jessica earned her Master’s degree in Instructional Technology from Bloomsburg University in 2012. Since then she has spent a majority of her career in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, working at the University of Pennsylvania Health System before joining TPM in 2015. At TPM, Jessica specializes in instructional design for virtual reality and augmented reality.
Event Sponsored and Lead by:
Tipping Point Media (TPM) specializes in the development of inspirational education, instructional strategy, and cutting-edge interactive designs for the pharmaceutical, medical, and life-science industries, as well as academic institutions.
Our dedicated team of educators, medical experts, 3D medical animators, certified programmers and digital renaissance innovators are dedicated to revolutionizing the learner's experience. TPM’s goal is to drive technology beyond its limits to transport learners into a “real world” experience and invent solutions that address all learning styles to maximize global learning reach.
Dave McNulty, principal at CloserConnect and DScape Interactive will share insights on the evolution of corporate training based on real-world experiences and lessons learned. The focus will be on:
- Identifying the most effective methodologies today for varied learning audiences and specific learning goals
- Insights from recent studies on how people learn most effectively
- How to get the most effective training for dollars spent
- The benefits of internal v external development
- Delivery: Enabling “bottom-up” rather than “top-down”-driven learning experiences
- A demonstration of “CloserConnect”, a SaaS platform designed to enable the personalized, rapid deployment and real-time tracking of training and digital assets to one person or thousands. Especially useful for reaching learners outside an LMS (Channel Partners, 3rd Party Vendors and Distributors, etc.) the CloserConnect UI requires no IT skills. By simply dragging and dropping any digital content (videos, PDF’s, Word docs, etc.) admins can spontaneously get training to those who need it, when they need it – and receive detailed reporting on usage and completions in real time. It’s fully mobile response so learners can access the training from any device. www.closerconnect.com.
Dave McNulty is the Co-Founder and Co-Principal of both DScape Interactive and Closer Connect - leading providers of content development/authoring and applications for corporate, non-profit, and educational institutions. Under Dave's leadership the twin companies have grown to provide e-Learning, Communication, Sales Support, and SaaS platform solutions for Organizations such as Aramark, BMW, Dow Jones & Co, FedEx, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Wakefern, UBS Financial, and more. In his spare time, Dave is a passionate supporter of educational programs and institutions, a proud father, and a thrill seeker.