PMP/CAPM Exam Preparation – This course exposes students and practicing project managers to the Project Management Body of Knowledge processes and standards and prepares students to take the PMP or CAPM certification exam
Course Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrate an ability to apply inputs, tools & techniques and outputs of the 49 project management processes tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate the applied use of the traditional PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas with artifacts in the initiating, planning, executing, controlling & monitoring and closing groups that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMP/CAPM exam requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMI policies and procedures required to fulfil professional responsibility that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
Class meets in-person, on-campus from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M-Thu, and 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Friday only (total of 4.5 days)
Eligible for 35 PDU’s upon completion of the course.
Total number of class hours = 35 (total hours includes class time sessions and simulations)
- Day 1 – Monday
- Course Introduction
- Overview of Project Management
- Professional Responsibility
- Foundational Concepts
- PMI Process Framework
- Day 2 – Tuesday
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Simulation 1
- Day 3 – Wednesday
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Simulation 2
- Day 4 – Thursday
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Simulation 3
- Day 5 – Friday
- Application for PMP Exam Review
- Course Review
- Exam Preparation Review
How will this course benefit the participant and their company?
PMP certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Obtaining a PMP certification provides opportunities in many fields such as in finance, consulting, construction, Information Technology, biotech, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare and many other industries around the globe. The PMP also increases your earning potential. PMP certification holders earn 20 percent more than their non-certified peers according to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition. Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
CAPM certification – Organizations with standardized practices attain better results and because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
What makes this course unique and would make someone want to attend?
This course is facilitated by professors that have more two decades of experience teaching PMP/CAPM Exam Prep course with high passing percentage. More than 2000 Exam Prep questions are provided for practice and the highest level of academic quality is maintained.